Saturday, August 9, 2008

Andrenn's Most Wanted

So I’m stealing a bit off of IGN, with their latest article Most Wanted, from yesterday. But after I saw it, I just had to chime in my thoughts on some of these things as well. I don’t mean to be ripping off what their doing, because that article is great, I just want to give my thoughts on these announcements as well.


New Ways to Die: turns out I was wrong in my last mention in my thoughts on OMD, it seems Marvel has postponed ASM #567 a week for Amazing Spider-man Family. So in 2 weeks New Ways to Die comes out. I’m highly anticipating this, what seems like the true triumphant return of Eddie Brock as Venom (or anti-Venom hopefully? Please Dan Slott? PLEASE?) and that alone warrants a “Must see” for this year’s big Spider-event.

I honestly couldn’t care less about the Thunderbolts or even the fall out of OMD handled here. I’m so beyond OMD anymore that the mention of it just bores me. I’m buying this for Anti-Venom goodness.


New team for Thunderbolts: I’ve never heard of Andy Diggle, but I’ve heard good things about him regarding an interview about his upcoming run. I love De Torre’s art and think he’s an amazing artist, I’m tempted to pick this book back up for his art alone. The Secret Invasion tie-in just didn’t keep me interested to stay after Ellis and Deodato’s departure, their amazing 2 arcs set a high bar, and I’m hoping Diggle can deliver the goods he seems to be promising.


Neil Gaiman on Batman:

Kirk Warren helped convince me to check out Gaiman’s other works like Sandman, as well as got me interested in his upcoming 2 part epic with Andy Kubert. While I’m not a very big fan of Mr. Gaiman, I’m still interested in checking this out. That plus Andy Kubert back to Batman = one happy Andrenn. I can’t wait for “Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader?” in January.


Flash: Rebirth: I’m not a big fan of the Flash. I like some of the more classic tales, and what’s not great about a wise-cracking speedster? I’ve tried getting into the current comics and just can’t seem to be interested whatsoever. But I have faith in Johns and Van Sciver to deliver a comic that will finally make me like Flash again, I’m excited for this.


Superman: New Krypton: I’m probably not going to pick this up. Or if I do, it will be in collection format. It looks to be promising, but I’m just not interested.


War of Kings: This looks so epic, the Aleksi Bricolet teaser has me stoked. For one, it’s great to see Black Bolt, hopefully going to be kicking some ass, and alive. Vulcan is one of my least favorite characters Marvel has currently, and I really look forward to seeing him get his ass kicked by the king of the Inhumans.


Evil Illuminati: Bendis is handling it, the Illuminati mini was one of the best series of 2007. I think my excitement should be obvious. Now…with any hopes, Emma isn’t really a member and Jim Cheung will return for this one-shot.


Ultimatum/After-math: I’m not too excited, or really care, about Ultimatum. I may read it, or wait until it’s collection, but what really has me interested is Mark Millar returning to Ultimates, and that I am soooo glad Ultimate Spider-man is safe.


Dark Tower: Treachery: I’m just going to wait for the HC like I am with Long Road Home.


Batman: Cacaphony: Kevin Smith says he's got the first 2 scripts of this done. I'm really hoping that's true, because when delays of a comic are on the writer, it's a lot more frustrating. I'll definitely be picking this up for the fact that it's Kevin Smith and Batman.



Inferno 2: Infernus: I probably won't be picking this up. Cebulski is a great writer, but he doesn't always fit the tone of an X-comic writer. Though I may give it a look see at the shop.


So that's all for now, folks. I hope you don't mind that I stole the whole "Most Wanted" thing to write up my own quick thoughts on these upcoming comics

No comments: