Saturday, October 11, 2008

Week's End

The Week has ended, and surprisingly, I survived the first wave of the zombie attack. But before I go on my way to see what’s left of the local Costco, might as well post this Week’s End.

Comic of the Week: Spawn #184

Much as I loved Detective Comics, Spawn gets the win for being an overall amazing finale to a great run. Hine and Haberlin have left their mark on the book and it’s one that will be legendary. But still, not only was it a good ending, it was a great lead in to get me excited for #185 later this month.

Moment of the week: Detective Comics #849

I would put Spawn #184 in here, but I think it would take too much time to scan the entire book. So instead, lets go with this awesome moment from Detective Comics. I find it hilarious how devoted Hush is to killing Batman, that he permanently changes his face to look like him. Hilarious.

Cover of the week: Invincible Iron Man #6 David Aja variant

I’m not a big fan of Aja’s work. I think he’s a good artist and has done some cool stuff, but I’ve never really taken big notice of his work. But damned if this cover doesn’t stun the eyes and impress me. It’s somewhat of an homage cover, in how it has the same words as Iron Man’s first appearance cover did, but I like the visual of Iron Man in this grainy picture.

So that’s it for the Week’s End. Tomorrow expect the 30 days of Night Red Snow report card, that I forgot to post on Thursday.

No comments: