Thursday, March 5, 2009

Andrenn Watches the Watchmen

Watchmen, one of the most beloved graphic novels of all time and a fan favorite just about everywhere there are comics.

A movie has been the subject of creation for the last 20 years, but it was finally made, then sued, then taken by Fox, only to be distributed once more. Awesome.


Now I only read the book a few years back before I got my own copy of it, then a new copy of the HC recently. I have since I first read it, and I will always love this story, it’s absolutely incredible.

This post is just to let you know that in 4 hours I will be in my local Cinemark theater along with some friends, in a chair, watching the Watchmen at it’s Midnight premier, and holy hell I am STOKED!


This post is a mini-Watchmen related post, as I also wanted to quickly let you in on my favorite chapter from this masterful comic.

Chapter 6: A brother to Dragons.


Nite Owl and Silk Specter are 2 great characters, while not my favorite, when they took center stage for their twisting action/love story it was great. Full of moments from Laurie mistaking the flamethrower with a lighter to Dan and Laurie’s last moments before Dan decides to bust out Rorschach (spoiler?)


It was jut a really cool chapter that showed both the positives and negatives to these 2 great characters.

Now with that said, I wanted to try and review Watchmen but….who could I? Impossible. You know it’s great

even if you’ve never read it.


So that’s it for now, tomorrow I’ll have my review of Watchmen the movie.

No comments: