Monday, November 9, 2009

The Week Begins - November 9th 2009

This is an all right week of comics, 3 for me this week but to be honest nothing that really has me excited. So I have no Most Anticipated for this week.

Jersey Gods #9
Written: Glen Brunswick
Art: Dan McDaid


I guess I’m still looking forward to more Jersey Gods goodness, it’s been one of the most enjoyable titles out there on the shelves, but to be honest I’m coming into this issue simply expecting more Jersey Gods goodness and not much else. That’s not to knock Jersey Gods at all, I’m just not too excited when I already know I’m going to get something great.

Batman and Robin #6
Written: Grant Morrison
Art: Phillip Tan


I’m losing interest in this series. Despite gorgeous art by Tan, and I’m sure what will be good work from Stewart, I’m getting my Bat-fill with Streets of Gotham so I’m really tempted to drop this series and collection wait it or something. This series just isn’t doing it for me anymore.

Still I do want to check this issue out, as the villain of Flamingo was very nicely debuted last issue and I’m hoping that this villain can reinvigorate my excitement for the series. I’m going to try and stick with it since it is a very prominent comic I want to be reading, but for now I can’t help but consider dropping it.

Witchblade #132
Written: Ron Marz
Art: Stjepan Sejic


The preview for this looks really good as Marz is tackling the Sara/Gleason relationship in the aftermath of War of the Witchblades and that is exactly something I want to see. I’m looking forward to this read, but couldn’t care less about the Troll plotline that seems to be the major story. Still, Witchblade is an awesome comic and I look forward to reading more.

2 comments:

Kevin said...

So your not getting Amazing Spider-Man #611?

Andrenn said...

Can't afford it. Tight comic budget with Christmas around the corner.