Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The Week Begins - December 1st 2009

It’s a new month, Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all! What better way to get into the season then with some new comics! Now I may not be able to get all my comics this month but I’m sure going to try (got to still get presents though!) but lets take a look at this week’s comics.

Haunt #3 *Most Anticipated*
Written: Robert Kirkman
Art: Ryan Ottley and Greg Capullo


Haunt looks to be slowly improving after a much better issue last month I’m hopeful that Kirkman can really step up this time and make Haunt the Must Have comic it has all the potential to become. All he really has to add is an extra layer of depth and intrigue to the story beyond “there’s some big mystery” and he could sell it.

Supposedly we’ll be getting some answers in this issue even if the entire puzzle won’t be solved. Still I do look forward to seeing what we can and I hope we at least get an explanation as to why Daniel and Kurt can do what they do. Also from the preview it does seem like they may get some answers.

Haunt is easily one of those comics I’m keeping my eye on each month and am anticipating to read each month. I have high hopes that Kirkman can finally take this series to it’s full potential.

Ultimate Comics Spider-man #5
Written: Brian Bendis
Art: David Lafuente


After 4 issues I can once again say it feels good to read Ultimate Spider-man again. Finally Bendis is blending the stellar fun action with great character drama and fun moments. I can’t wait to get my hands on this issue and see what else he has in store as Spider-man goes head to head with Mysterio.

Siege: the Cabal One Shot
Written: Brian Bendis
Art: Michael Lark


I’m really wrestling with if I should get this or not. Siege itself is still up in the air as to if I buy it or not. This seems more like just one domino that starts the rest falling in the main mini-series next year. So while it will be an important story to Siege, at the same time I know I could pick up that mini without this.

Though at the same time I really love Bendis’ Dr. Doom. He’s all powerful, he’s a major badass and seeing a one-shot that’s basically set around him fighting the other members of the Cabal seems really awesome to me. Though I’m not sure who’s on who’s side really.

Also it seems we’ll get a reveal as to who Norman’s “secret weapon” is and while I could just read it on a forum at the same time if it’s some major reveal it’s never quite as awesome as reading it for yourself in the comic.

Though of course there’s the fact that I’m trying to spend as little as I can on things besides Christmas gifts so if I do or do not pick this up all will be determined when I get to the shop later this week.

Still it does look good to say the least. Bendis seems to be starting out this Siege event with a bang and seeing Michael Lark out of his comfort zone after so long on Daredevil and taking on something as big as this one shot does seem great. In the end we’ll see when I reach the comic shop.

No comments: