Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Week Begins - January 22nd 2009

After a week of no comics I’m back and more Andrenn then ever. Lets get to this week of comics.

Jersey Gods #10
Written: Glen Brunswick
Art: Dan McDaid



Despite a one month delay I’m excited as always for more Jersey Gods greatness. Always one of the best titles out there I can’t wait to check the epic finale to The Abandoned and see how it plays out. My bet is on this being the most epic issue of the young series so far. Can’t wait to pick it up and see how it all plays out, definitely an easy pick for my most anticipated this week.

Batman: Streets of Gotham #8
Written: Paul Dini
Art: Dustin Nguyen


This story arc of Zasz and his evil reign over the abandoned children of Gotham seems like it may be running on for a little too long. But it’s by one of the best Batman writers of all time, Paul Dini so I’ll put my trust in him to still kick plenty of ass. As for the story in general I’m excited to read it, and I absolutely love that cover by Nguyen. Another highly anticipated read this week.

Mighty Avengers #33
Written: Dan Slott
Art: Koi Pham




Another anticipated read for me this week is the conclusion to this fun 2 part story. Slott’s giving us a fun Super Hero Team Up with this issue and it looks to be a lot of fun. I’m finally having a great time with this series and am excited to see more as well as the future issues as Mighty Avengers is really hitting it’s stride…damn shame it’s being canceled. I’ll have to enjoy what’s left of it.

Green Lantern Corps #44
Written: Peter Tomasi
Art: Patrick Gleason


Really tempted to pick up this issue, like I was the last issue last month. With Kyle’s death and resurrection (insert comic resurrection joke here) I’m really tempted to be reading GLC. But with a tight wallet it’s on hold for now, but hey, maybe something will change when I reach the shop this week.

No comments: