Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The Week Begins

A new month and a new batch of comics. Luckily I’ve got more then enough cash to buy these comics each week, so hopefully no delays on the reviews for this month. That being said, lets take a look at this week’s upcoming comics.


Secret Warriors #1

Written: Brian Bendis and Jonathan Hickman

Art: Stefano Caselli

I find it funny how just a couple months back I couldn’t care less about this series yet now I’m so psyched for it. It looks great from the previews we’ve been given, characters and art, and really I can’t think why it wouldn’t be great. The only set back is it’s yet ANOTHER 4 dollar series Marvel is publishing. Still, I’m really psyched for it. I am also interested to see what this Hickman guy can do. I’ve heard nothing but good things about him and Bendis seems to support his script fully and that sign of faith is helpful. Another thing is of course Stefano Caselli on artwork. He is an absolutely incredible artist and this is his big break. I really look forward to seeing what he does with Secret Warriors as I have faith that it will be great.


Jersey Gods #1

Written: Glen Brunswick

Art: Dan McDaid

I decided at the last minute to add it to the pull list and keep it on. From the preview it looks good. Like something Jack Kirby would read, set down, and just start clapping at. The concept of “god’s among us” is hilarious as it is. The only setback here is that the art doesn’t really look all that appealing to me. It doesn’t look bad in anyway, just not appealing to me at least. Still, it looks awesome and I’m excited to pick this up tomorrow.


Witchblade #124 *Most Anticipated Comic of the Week*

Written: Ron Marz

Art: Stjepan Sejic

This issue kind of surprised me. I didn’t figure it would be coming out so soon. I know Marz said it was done but I figured it would be at least a week more for it. Still, glad as all hell that it’s coming out so soon. I have a pretty good idea of what may happen here but I’m reserving any concrete stuff until I read it. I wouldn’t be too surprised of Marz does or says something that throws me way off! In a good way, mind you.


Some good looking comics this week. I’m not commenting on Scarlet Veronica #3 because, well, you already know my thoughts as of yesterday’s review. Now tomorrow expect some definite reviews of these comics, as well as last weeks’ comics.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude - I think you are going to be happy with Jersey Gods. I too am picking up Secret Warriors this week.. tough pill for me to swallow but Hickman is worth it...

Andrenn said...

Jersey Gods looks pretty good, and so does Secret Warriors. I look forward to hearing what you think of them.