Friday, April 24, 2009

Solicit Commentary for July 2009

It’s a magical day children as the Solicit Santa has dropped off the comicbook solicitations for all the children of New Age Comics.


Image Solicits for July 2009

DC solicits for July 2009

Marvel Solicits for July 2009


Invincible #64

Nooooooooooooo! Seriously, no no no no no! A casualty? Please be Oliver, or his mom, or his mom’s boyfriend, or someone, anyone, but Eve. Come on Kirkman…throw me bone here! Ugh…but…anyway…really looking forward to this story *grits teeth*


Spawn #194

You know, for as big a fan I am of the Violator and Spawn and their fighting I see a problem with that cover…Spawn’s face. It’s gone. This just looks like Al Spawn, not Jim Spawn, so color me confused. But oh well, still excited to see this brawl.


Savage Dragon #150

The epic milestone issue, and a return that looks to be pretty wicked. I’m not familiar with this villain but for all the hype of his return I can presume he’s something big and special.


Witchblade #128

Part…3? Huh-whuzzit now? This is part 4 of War of the Witchblades and I am indeed excited to check it out. I’m worried that Sara will lose the blade as will Dani from the sounds of it but…I’m hopeful as well.


uh…I’m looking at these solicits and not seeing Haunt…uh-huh…any explanation? No…didn’t think so. Maybe with Ottley taking a 2 month break and Cory Walker returning to Invincible he can finally get Haunt rolling.


Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader HC

Pre-ordered already as I mentioned in the review of Detective Comics the other day. This of course got pushed back 1 month since the delay, which is unfortunate but oh well. I really am looking forward to seeing what other stories with Batman that Gaiman has wrote.


Blackest Night #1

I’m waiting for Blackest Night #0 in May to see if I’ll be reading this or not. I actually really want to check it out as it does look good. But still, I need to see if it’s even something I could enjoy from the 0 issue really. Though it does look great.


Batman: Cacophony HC

I’ve heard a mix about this series, I got the first issue and loved it but decided it wasn’t important enough to not trade wait for it so I’ve just been waiting for this. But after the 2nd issue I saw nothing but negative reviews, so I’m not sure.


Batman and Robin #2

The solicit sounds interesting, some woman looking for revenge for her father’s death. What sounds really good is that it seems the duo won’t work as well as Batman had hoped .That should be a great read alone, I am really looking forward to this series.


Batman #688

Mark Bagley and Batman? Like Bread and Butter. But then we have Jude Winnick which is putting oil on it, inedible. I will still be avoiding this book but man it’s cool to see DC finally putting Bagley to some real good use.


Batman: Streets of Gotham #2

This sounds really cool with Batman and Gordon teaming up. Firefly is an interesting villain to use for this story but I really look forward to it. This is easily my most anticipated of all the new Bat-books.


Detective Comics #855

Another great looking book, I have high hopes that Greg Rucka can make me a fan of Batwoman and really get the character rolling. Her struggle with this new villain sounds really cool and this should be a good book.


Gotham City Sirens #2

I was going to wait for the trade on this, but with Hush returning and being written by Dini again this is a must have. Of course the art is a nice touch as well. For anyone who didn’t read Heart of Hush and hasn’t seen the follow up story, check those out, great reads, then get Gotham City Sirens.


Marvel Divas #1

A new ongoing based around the women of the Marvel U? Hmmm…interesting, the pitch Joe Q gave this series was absolutely embarrassing for any company but Roberto Acquire-Sacasa is writing and he’s awesome. I probably will skip this but still, the series is in good hands.


Marvel Zombies 4 #4

Odd when your plans not to read a series get called off by you reading it, eh? This sounds very interesting. Nice to see a solicit actually tell us more than just “people fight” as it seems Dormammu has moved on to Jennifer Kale and Hood is fighting to get his demon buddy back. What does this exactly have to do with zombies? Oh who cares it’s Van Lente for god’s sakes. Expecting anything simple is just ludicrous.


TimeStorm: 2009/2099 #3

Ugh…Hulk 2099…just shoot me now. Now for those who never read, 2099 had a good mix of cool characters (Spider-man, Ghost Rider) and…just plain awful ones such as Hulk 2099. But for whatever reason I’ll keep reading this series.


Dark Wolverine #76

So he’s taking on the Fantastic Four? Wow…just….just wow. I feel bad for Wolverine, losing his main title to his cosplaying son.


Dark X-men: The Beginning #1 and 2

This is certainly an interesting development. Since it ties in to Utopia, I may or may not get it. I’m not too interested so much in how the Dark X-men form, but what they do. Also it’s really cool to see Namor as an X-men, I think this is a first for him, even though he is a mutant.


Dark Avengers #7

Here’s a shocker, the Dark Avengers don’t get along with someone! This should be interesting, I would think they would get along rather then fight but this is puzzling. My only worry is that Fraction is writing this instead of Bendis, which I already knew was going to happen but still I’m worried if he’ll work as well with Deodato and keep the twisted fun this series has had so far.


Uncanny X-men #513

As interesting and cool as this team looks I have one big problem: Emma betraying the X-men. Over the years she’s become one of my favorite X-characters and it really sucks to see she will be betraying them. Poor Cyclops is going to go nuts, no doubt…then again perhaps he deserves that. Anyway, still looking forward to this…even if I’m a little sad now.


Amazing Spider-man #600

An important wedding? What the hell ever happened to “see what REALLY happened on Spider-man’s Wedding day”? Did we just drop that and save it for ASM #700? Well apparently there’s a wedding going on…any guesses. Just for giggles, here’s mine: MJ/any man on earth, possibly Harry. Harry/Lilly (somehow) Aunt May/Some guy and maybe, just maybe, Peter/MJ? Nah…Marvel doesn’t love me enough. But it never hurts to be hopeful. Just might pick this up…maybe.


Incredible Hulk #600

IF I WRITE IN CAP’S LOCK MAYBE THAT WILL MAKE PEOPLE BUY MY COMICS! Okay, seriously that solicit made my eyes hurt, but hey this should be interesting. Looking forward to finding out who Rulk is.


Halo: Helljumpers #1

A new poll will be up soon asking how long do you think it will take to finish this mini-series. I’m betting on 2 years. All jokes aside I’m hopeful Marvel doesn’t run into any problems this time like with Uprising, even though I’m waiting for the trade on this.


Ultimate Spider-man: Requiem #2

Please be okay please be okay please be okay. That’s all I have to say about this. Move along now.


Secret Warriors #6

Here’s to hoping that Hickman can pull off the ending of the first story arc without a hitch. I’m curious to see how the first story ends but a little worried at the same time.


Dark Reign: the Sinister Spider-man #2

Chris Bachalo is on art, which means I’m onboard. I already added this to my pull list but this is a curious change of events. The story doesn’t sound overly interesting and I’m wondering where was the mention of Carnage that interviews hinted at. Oh well, still looks to be a good read. Also that cover has me in stitches, is Venom supposed to be intimidating? If so it’s not working. I also just read an interview Brian Reed did about this and he really sells it well to me.


Dark Reign: Young Avengers #3

That cover is so awesome, and this series looks so incredible. I’m not too concerned even how this all ties in to Dark Reign really as I just want more Young Avengers goodness and this looks to certainly be that. Hopefully a good mix of action and character moments in this series.


Might Avengers #27

The Prodigal son returns at last! About damn time. Koi Pham is back and I look forward to his return. But wow, this storyline sounds so incredibly epic, tying in to Dark Reign and War of Kings? Wow. I must admit this is quite exciting and I’m really looking forward to this.


Mephisto HC

Anyone else find this a little strange that this is being released the same month as Spider-man #600? Anyone? It’s really just me? Okay then. I find it odd that Marvel would give Mephisto his own collection of his greatest battles and not add in somewhere Ghost Rider or Daredevil, both 2 people who have taken him on and both incredible fights. I guess they just wanted this mini-series of him fighting all these other heroes, too bad.

No comments: