Monday, October 26, 2009

The Week Begins - October 26th 2009

Forgive me for being gone so long, yours truly came down with a nasty case of swine flu. But I’m better now and ready to bring you all my comic thoughts. Also don’t worry about the Halloween posts, they are still on I assure you. Now onto the comics!

Dark Reign: Young Avengers #5 *Most Anticipated*
Written: Paul Cornell
Art: Mark Brooks



With it being a small week it was this or Blackest Night #4 and I am definitely more excited for this issue. The conclusion to what has been, in my opinion, the best mini of the year. Even though it hit a delay I remain excited for this issue.

This mini has been great so far and I’m really excited to see how Cornell ends it all. Hopefully he closes all the plot threads that he opened with issue #1 and resolves the points like Enchantress and Melter’s place in the world. It’s been a hell of a great ride so far and I can only hope it ends as great as it began.

Blackest Night #4
Written: Geoff Johns
Art: Ivan Reis


My excitement for this series has dwindled greatly over the past 3 issues. While the firs 2 where great reads, last issue was just standing around talking and nothing else. We got one death scene but besides that I remain bored and am losing my excitement fast and Johns has to work fast to win it back.

The mid-point of any event comic is crucial. If Johns can really amp the danger level again and throw some big bombs out there then I think he could easily win me back. If he gives us more useless chatter and standing around like last time then I’m going to be annoyed.

Negative as I am about this issue I do remain hopeful. Blackest Night has yet to turn into a bad event for me, just slowed down is all. So I am really hopeful that Johns can save this issue fast and return this event to prominence.

No comments: