Thursday, March 26, 2009

Solicit COmmentary for June 2009


It’s solicit times! This time for June, 2009. I’m gonna be honest all I think about when June comes to mind is that Summer’s almost here and then my mind rather wanders…so I’ll do my best to keep on track for the comics.


Image Comics Solicits for June 2009

DC Comics Solicits for June 2009

Marvel Comics Solicits for June 2009


Spawn #193

This issue has generated quite a lot of buzz from the fans seeing as longtime beloved artist Greg Capullo is returning for the series. He’ll also be lending his talents as doing layouts for it, as he already is doing with Haunt. This issue itself looks cool, it’s about 3 of the biggest supporting characters in Spawn history, so I look forward to it.


Speaking of Haunt, where the hell is it? I checked and I couldn’t find it. Wasn’t it set for a June release? Maybe it was July and I’m get ting mixed up…another thing that is MIA is Witchblade #128, not like #127 where Top Cow just had their own later on solicits that I missed commenting on, as that issue does come out in May, but June seems to have no actual regular issue of Witchblade.


Spawn: Endgame volume 1.

Just commenting on this real quick. Nice idea of TMP to release a regular trade of this like Marvel and DC usually do.


Invincible #63

Oh that’s….beautiful. Kirkman must have wrote to Ottley “Ryan, I want you to draw the most bashed up and in pain version of Invincible you can think of. Go all out” and Ottley turned this sick piece of art in. It’s actually a really good cover in it’s detail but….ugh, a little over the top. Still really psyched to see Conquest and where all this goes.


Jersey Gods #5

If you checked the actual solicits then you see that I’m a cheater and that I chose to show the Dan McDaid cover instead. Only because that cover is so insanely perfect and hilarious. While I have my doubts that’s what actually happens, at least not from the look of the pace of things, if it is, then I’ll be one satisfied customer. The story itself sounds gripping and intense so I’m really psyched to check out the end of the series’ first big story arc.


Savage Dragon #149

Looking back last month I felt I didn’t give this series enough commentary as others. But now Larsen has made it hard for me to say anything other then “what the hell about dart?” as that’s all the damn solicit says! We know his kids get stolen but, what does this have to do with anything?


Fusion #2

I didn’t get to comment on the first issue since, again, I missed commenting on Top Cow’s solo solicitations last month but this series sounds interesting. It’s mainly just cool to see Sejic do an actual cover with Venom on it though for me.


Blood on the Sands

So this looks interesting, it’s a past look at the three bearers of the Trinity in another time. It sounds cool, it looks cool. I may have to check it out just to get my fix of Witchblade that month.


So that takes care of Image, for whatever crazy reason I feel like commenting on DC again.


Batman and Robin #1

So yeah, I’m for sure going to get this series. Why? Well I’m working on a new post called “the Grant Morrison Batman trilogy” and when looking at this ‘trilogy’ of sorts, I realized that Morrison told a really cool story and I want to see more Batman from him. Even if it’s not the caped crusader we all know and love.


Batman #687

I will be avoiding this like the plague it no doubt is. No offense is you really like Winick’s writing but from what I’ve seen, and in me trying to read the Titans series early last year, I can’t stand his bland poorly done writing. That’s just how I’m seeing it though. Maybe he’ll do a good job with the Dark Knight, who knows.


Detective Comics #854

One thing I will for sure be reading is Greg Rucka’s Batwoman series, which is really just her taking over Detective Comics but hey, it works well and looks absolutely incredible. Since her debut the character has been in dire need of some real spotlight time and this will finally prove if she’s here to stay or should be killed off via phone voting.


Batman: Streets of Gotham #1

Paul Dini…Dustin Nguyen…must have…okay really now this looks cool. I’m not exactly sure or not but…half of me says check it out the other half says it could be a giant waste of time and my money. But still they where an incredible team during Detective Comics so I’ll check this out.


Gotham City Sirens

Half of me thinks this will be a shameful T&A comic seeing as March excels at those aspects. The other half of me thinks “Paul Dini is writing 2 Gotham books?! And one with Catwoman and Harley Quinn?! Must have!” as these are characters he excels at writing…that and March’s artwork is amazing. I will probably at least give it a look-see.


To Marvel's Solicits!


TimeStorm one-shots

This is weird, rather then a 3rd issue of the series, there’s 2 tie in comics. Weird. I doubt I’ll get them but this is just really strange.


Dark Reign: The Sinister Spider-man #1

I’m tempted to check this out. It’s got a stellar team on it and really it should be interesting to see how Mac acts with being the new Spider-man. Carnage is promised in it which is what really gets me, and Anti-Venom which is cool as all hell. As a Symbiote fan I can’t see any reason not to check this out.


Secret Warriors #5

After a better second issue I’m not feeling as worried about this series but still a little unsure. Glad to see the first arc is just 5 issues though. Also I’m pretty sure Hellfire dies seeing as he’s the only one not there, well him along with Yo-Yo.


Dark Reign: Young Avengers #2

Really looking forward to this. Seeing as Cornell really seemed to get the right beat of drama/action in #4 of YA Presents, I can’t see why he wouldn’t have the same great balance in an entire series. Damn…is it May Yet? Seriously though if anyone reading this never read Young Avengers Presents #4 and doesn’t have an opinion about that, check it out as then you’ll probably be as excited as I am for this.


Mighty Avengers #26

Can we officially take Koi Pham off the list as writer for Mighty Avengers? Please? Because It’s painfully obvious that he won’t be drawing the book until the next ice age. I know it’s all I harp on about this book but it’s really annoying. And great, more Fantastic Four fighting. Hooray. I don’t know anymore about this…I’m doing my best not to drop it as it really does hold my interest but…wow this is just looking worse and worse.


Dark Avengers #6

This solicit is really weird. It doesn’t describe anything really and I’m not too worried about the team for now. But I of course will keep reading.


Captain America #600

Marvel seems to be renumbering a lot of their comics. Thor is already at 600, Daredevil is on his way to 500 soon…I wouldn’t be too surprised if Invincible Iron Man and Hulk to get a new numbering as well. It’s not like I’m really complaining though I think it’s great that Marvel is showing their appreciation for the length of these comics. This issue itself sounds pretty good, with a reflection on the death of Steve Rogers. I left the series because it was taking too long to really draw me in anymore, but I’ve been tempted to come back.


Marvel Zombies 4 #3

So we’ve got a Man-Thing filled issue with him as the last resort to stop this…Dark Rain…ugh. Oh well, more Man-Thing is always a good thing. I’m really not so sure about this anymore though…this really should have been called The Midnight Sons as it has nothing to do directly with the main Marvel Zombies franchise like the previous 3 did. It’s just called MZ4 to get attention. Too bad because the Midnight Sons deserve more credit than that. So yeah, I’m pretty sure I’m going to wait for the trade on this.


Skarr: Son of Hulk #12

I’m half tempted to check this out. Skarr turned out to be such a waste of time for me though that I’m just not sure anymore…the Hulk fan in me says yes, the smart guy in me says no. I think I’ll leave this one to online spoilers, for now at least.


Dark Avengers/Uncanny X-men: Utopia one-shot

Really what caught my eye about this was Marc Silvestri’s name as the artist. It seems every now and then he likes to still work with Marvel which is always nice to see. That alone is what has me interested in this. Though the overall crossover, not so much…I’m half considering ignoring it and just waiting for it to be over until I buy Dark Avengers again. Though I’ll give this a shot.


Dark Wolverine #75

Not going to read this, not going anywhere near this really, just wanted to comment on this and look forward to seeing the books sales drop drastically. Seeing as from the looks of it, Wolverine Origins is still going on, I think it’s safe to call this another one of the big bad ideas Marvel’s done.


Wolverine: weapon X #3

So Wolverine is going to kick some ass basically, these Wannabe’s are acting like they can take on the big dog? Ever heard of “biting off more then you can chew”? I have a feeling their about to bite off so much they choke after one bite. Can’t wait to check this out in a few weeks.


Nothing to really say on the Hardcovers, there is the Kick Ass Hardcover and a reprinting of the Fallen Son Hardcover but that’s really it. Guess there really aren’t any books to buy as far as collections in June.


-New Age News Add-on-

Didn't want to double post in one day so I figured I'd add this teaser image and the dread it fills me with at the end of this.

I seriously hope this isn't what it obviously looks like. Eve getting killed by Conquest. needless to say Kirkman has me biting my nails in worry. I finally sighed of relief after #60 and here I am again...damn. Well I can only hope this isn't what it bluntly states to be but....damn.

4 comments:

michaeljsmith said...

i cannot bring myself to have any excitement related to Batman - glad you are still finding some

Spawn - cool. Jersey Gods and Invincible - right on. Haunt? Missing it too - sad

Andrenn said...

I hope Haunt isn't delayed already...again.

Anonymous said...

This is my first post I'd love to thank you for such a great made forum!
I was sure this is a nice way to make my first post!

Sincerely,
Sage Brand
if you're ever bored check out my site!
[url=http://www.partyopedia.com/articles/barney-party-supplies.html]barney Party Supplies[/url].

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.kfarbair.com][img]http://www.kfarbair.com/_images/_photos/photo_big8.jpg[/img][/url]

בית מלון [url=http://www.kfarbair.com]כפר בעיר[/url] - אווירה כפרית, [url=http://www.kfarbair.com/about.html]חדרים[/url] מרווחים, שירות חדרים, אינטימיות, שלווה, [url=http://kfarbair.com/services.html]שקט[/url] . אנחנו מספקים שירותי אירוח מגוונים גם ישנו במקום שירות חדרים הכולל [url=http://www.kfarbair.com/eng/index.html]אחרוחות רומנטיות[/url] במחירים מיוחדים אשר יוגשו ישירות לחדרכם!

לפרטים אנא גשו לעמוד המלון - [url=http://kfarbair.com]כפר בעיר[/url] [url=http://www.kfarbair.com/contact.html][img]http://www.kfarbair.com/_images/apixel.gif[/img][/url]