Monday, May 11, 2009

The Week Begins - May 11th 2009

With only a few bucks in my wallet I may just get one comic this week…but I know which it is!


Dark Reign: Young Avengers#1 *Most Anticipated*

Written: Paul Cornell

Art: Mark Brooks

I’ve been like a kid these last few months, in the back of my mom’s car excited to get to Disney World saying “are we there yet?” a thousand times, but now she’s finally parking and I’m ready to meet Mickey! Okay, maybe I’m getting myself a little too hyped up for this comic, after all it could easily be a flop. The concept is out of nowhere and these are all brand new characters as I understand it…but so was the first Young Avengers book. It’s got great talent behind it as well so I’m still super excited for this.


Wolverine: Weapon X #2 doesn't come out this week, I was sure it did from a preview a few weeks back but I guess it got delayed a week or so



Ultimate Spider-man #132

Written: Brian Bendis

Art: Stuart Immonen

The only reason I’m even hopeful that Ultimatum will get to issue #4 this month is so that we can see the close on volume 1 of Ultimate Spider-man, hey, it’s been a hell of a ride but I’m ready to see what Bendis and Lafuente can do with the upcoming second volume. Still I am curious to see how this all plays out, that cover doesn’t seem very truthful when looking at the preview but, eh, I’ve learned not to trust Marvel Comics covers.

2 comments:

michaeljsmith said...

Nothing here for me - The Walking Dead #61 and Umbrella Academy #6 (of 6) headline my list for the week.

Andrenn said...

You're not getting Weapon X? I thought you where?