Monday, November 16, 2009

The Week Begins - November 15th 2009

Some good comics this week, much better looking then last week’s line up. I’m not sure if I’ll be able to buy all these comics but it’s hard not to be hopeful. Let’s take a look at this week’s strong line up of comics.

Invincible #68 *Most Anticipated*
Written: Robert Kirkman
Art: Ryan Ottley


It feels good to have the king back. Walker did a great job on his 2 issues but I miss me some Ottley greatness, even if we got his work still in Haunt which was great as well. But seeing Ottley return to the title he helped make famous has me jumping for joy as I really can’t wait to see his gorgeous art here.

Of course the story itself sounds pretty cool too. I’m really interested in the villain, Dinosaurus (supposedly based off of a name Kirkman’s son came up with) and this issue looks really good. Invincible has been one of the best comics on the shelves and I expect more greatness this week. 

Batman: Streets of Gotham #6
Written: Chris Yost
Art: Dustin Nguyen


Last issue was decent enough for a filler arc. If Yost can cut back the whiny Hunterss and give Man-Bat a legitimate reason as to why he’s going crazy then I think this could be a solid and enjoyable 2-parter. Let’s just hope Yost can do a good job closing the story and also address this crazy priest guy, who’s a really interesting new character.

Mighty Avengers #31
Written: Dan Slott and Christos Gage
Art: Sean Chen


This series keeps circling around the keep it and drop it sides of my pull list. Just when I think it’s about time I drop it and save myself the 3 dollars each month, Slott impresses me. Then he seems to disappoint again just to impress me again later.

I’m actually anticipating this issue a lot as I hope Slott can at least end this arc on a high note and re-establish my confidence in this series as I really do want to keep reading it. If this issue is as good as I hope it can be I think I’d feel better about sticking with Mighty Avengers as planned.

Dark Reign the List: Spider-man one-shot
Written: Dan Slott
Art: Adam Kubert


While I can’t really afford to pick this up, I want to. This is something just about everyone wants to see come Dark Reign, Norman and Spider-man butt heads like we’ve been waiting for from the start. We know Norman doesn’t stand a chance at actually killing Spider-man, but it’s still a story that needs to be told and I would love to read it.

No comments: