Saturday, August 30, 2008

Back in Black! -Andrenn Update-


Did ya miss me?

Sorry about there being no Collection Spotlight this week, I got a call to go up to the Coast with some friends to celebrate the end of Summer, and I just couldn't resist. But now that I'm back, I'm way too out of it to do anything but type up 5 sentences and down a bottle of vicoden.

I won't get into the frustrating details, but very long story short, I ended up in a car for 8 hours with little to nearly nothing to eat all day. The only way I could be more tired is if I hadn't gotten a nap on the drive home in the back of the car.

So I've decided to cancel Collection Spotlight for this week, I was going to Spotlight Thunderbolts: Faith in Monsters, but that will have to wait for 2 weeks, as this Friday is the beginning to the 5 (maybe 6) part epic where I bi-weekly Spotlight the Spawn Collection books.

Yes, you read that right, a Bi-Weekly review of the Spawn Collection volumes, from volumes 1 to 5 (6 too if they can get it out on time and I remember to buy it sooner.) I figured I'd make it bi-weekly, so that it isn't just solid Spawn the entire time, which would probably get old fast, if it's bi-weekly then it's a little more tolerable.

I've got a few article ideas I'm cooking up, some of them weirder then others, expect them to start showing up soon.

I keep meaning to make a Comic Report Card on the Get Mystique arc of Wolverine, so expect that sometime soon hopefully.

Next Cover Talk will cover the Alex Ross Batman RIP covers, the variants too if I can find images of them. Also the Dustin Nguyen Heart of Hush covers. So look forward to that in a few days.

I should get paid tomorrow *celebrate! I blew all my extra cash on the Hotel and food!* so expect me to have a weekly review up come Wednesday, but I have....if I'm correct, at least 21 dollars in comics to get next week, thats a lot, so I may take a page from Kirk Warren and divide the reviews into 2 days to save myself some time.

This week is going to be pretty busy for me...actually, this month along with October will both be fairly busy for me. So things may be cut down to just Collection Spotlight and Cover Talk after a while, my random articles probably won't show up as much. To try and keep that going though, I'll do Andrenn Updates every once in a while, so that I can cover a lot of stuff in one post, save us all some time.

Random thing I wanted to mention, Tyler J, one of the editors at TMP has confirmed Spawn volume 6 to come out in September. My birthday is in October so I'll probably buy it then. Also, Book of the Dead has been pushed back to December. I also got my questions answered regarding price and availability, only 3,500 copies of the regular one, 3,000 copies of the ones with the Raven Spawn figures. From the sounds of it, I can only get these at comic shops, so I'm going to see if I can preorder the Raven Spawn figure one, wish me luck!

The wait for Amazing Spider-man #570 is killer...as I'd joked about...Andrenn wants his fix of Anti-Venom goodness.

I'm still a little pissed at the Venture Bros. Season finale, anyone else catch it? Was fairly poor, horrible cliff-hanger, definitely weak for this series' high standards.

All right, I'm starting to ramble here. So you have the gist, I'm sick, no Collection Spotlight this week, Cover Talk on Tuesday, reviews on Wednesday, maybe even Thursday, Spawn Collection epic reviews on Friday, going to be pretty busy in the coming few months.

See you all on Tuesday

-Andrenn

No comments: