Sunday, February 22, 2009

Week's End

For every week beginnings it has to End.

Comic of the Week: Dark Avengers #2

With 2 comics against each other this week it wasn’t too hard to figure Dark Avengers would win. Bendis continues to impress me with a strong second issue. If he can pull off this kind of stuff come the Ultimate Spider-man reboot, Spider-woman and his future projects then I think we might have some serious great works of 2009 solely from Bendis.

Moment of the Week: Invincible #59

Just about the only moment that was even somewhat noteworthy really. I ragged on Powerplex a lot in my review of this issue and I stick to the comments that he’s an idiotic villain and a waste of time to introduce in this month’s issue. Still, this moment had some nice shock value for all of the time it took me to flip the next page. His reaction was typical dumb villain reaction though.

Cover of the Week: Amazing Spider-man #587 by John Romita Jr.

Not a lot of great covers this week, but this one stood out nicely as I like the shadow saying “Accused” and foreshadowing a very eerie dark mood. Makes me think of when JMS was writing Spider-man.

So that’s it for another gone week, check back tomorrow for our look into the future.

No comments: