Monday, February 23, 2009

The Week Begins

After a few weeks of little to no comics in the pull box I’ve finally got a more jam packed one, even if it’s still just a few comics.


Ultimate Spider-man #131 *most anticipated comic of the week*

Written: Brian Bendis

Art: Stuart Immonen

The end is almost here for one of the greatest comics of all time, with only 2 issues after this Spider-man’s got a lot on his hands. In this issue there is supposed to be a fight with the Hulk, to be honest I couldn’t care less about Spider-man taking on the Hulk as it’s painfully obvious who’d win. Though the preview had this brilliant moment with J. Jonah Jameson about how he’s finally seeing Spider-man for the hero he is. It was brilliant, touching and just…brilliant! If anything you should be reading Ultimate Spider-man for moments like that, not fights and Ultimatum. I can’t wait to see what Bendis does here.


Mighty Avengers #22

Written: Dan Slott

Art: Koi Pham

After a good opening issue, I must admit I’m not so sure about this series anymore. While I’m glad this arc will be short and simple, I’m starting to regret buying this book mainly because it sounds like there will be some really weird ideas and Pham will soon be taking a break, only 3 issues into it with Slott. Still I do look forward to seeing more here, it looks all right from the previews and I hope it’s as good as it looks and that maybe Slott can convince me to stay.


Spawn #189

Written: Todd McFarlane and Brian Holguin

Art: Whilce Portacio

I actually am looking forward to checking out this issue. It will finally show us our new Spawn in action, after 4 patient months the payoff is finally here. Hopefully. Last month’s issue was such a disappointment, I really hope we finally get deep and gritty like promised.


Savage Dragon #145

Written and art: Erik Larsen

After a great issue of playing catch up last month Larsen is ready to start things fresh with Back in Blue, and interesting and really cool looking new jumping on point for Savage Dragon. I made a poll a few weeks back and it seems there are at least some people interested in this, if you’ve yet to make up your mind on buying it or not I highly suggest you go check it out Wednesday, it looks promising.


New Avengers #50

Written: Brian Bendis

Art: Billy Tan and a whole bunch of other guys.

To be clear, I won’t be buying this issue. Not at all as I have zero interest in The Dark Avengers and New Avengers having a slap fight. But I thought it would be fair to comment on this issue as it seems to be making a lot of noise. A lot of people seem to be reinvigorated in New Avengers, and I’m glad to hear it. It’s nice to know that a lot of people are enjoying this comic, even if I’ve quit on it. I’m not so sure about this series anymore, something about Secret Invasion just killed my interest completely in it.


And so ends the Week’s End, not sure if there will be any reviews anytime soon.

1 comment:

michaeljsmith said...

my big goal for the week is to obtain a copy of the Spawn #189 variant cover... it will be hard but I am going to give it a shot.